We want to hear from you
If you have a concern, chances are that you are not alone. Your feedback could make us aware of problems that we do not know about. So, we want to hear from you.
It also helps to know if we are doing things right.
Please discuss any concerns or questions you have about your treatment with your treating doctor, nurse or other health professional. It is important that people understand what is happening and feel comfortable about it.
You are welcome to speak to other staff if you have any issues you wish to raise.
What to expect
If you have a complaint, we will respond to it promptly and sensitively. Feedback information is treated as confidential and managed according to privacy obligations.
You can play an important role in resolving the problem by providing as much relevant information as possible, such as documents and the names of staff that you have dealt with.
We investigate complaints thoroughly to know what happened and why, and ways to prevent it happening again.
What we will do
We will assess the most appropriate way to resolve the problem and the best outcome. We will provide you with all the facts about what happened and any strategies we have devised to improve our service as a result.
Improving our service
Compliments and complaints help us to find ways to improve.
External complaint mechanisms
If you do not feel comfortable raising a complaint directly with us or continue to be dissatisfied after raising your concern with us, assistance is available.
- Aged Care Advocacy: a free and confidential service promoting the rights of aged care recipients.
Phone 1800 700 600
- Aged Care Complaints Commissioner: a free and confidential service for anyone to raise a complaint about Australian Government funded aged care.
Phone 1800 550 552
- Commonwealth Ombudsman: the Commonwealth Ombudsman can investigate complaints about the administrative actions of Australian Government departments and agencies. Phone 1300 362 072
Ways to give feedback
- You can print out and complete the NIHRACS feedback brochure and hand to a staff member or mail it to:
Norfolk Island Health and Residential Aged Care Service
PO Box 94
Norfolk Island 2899
2. You can send us an email message setting out your concerns or feedback:
3. You can provide feedback via our online form below. Please note that name and email are only required if you would like us to contact you. Otherwise, to make the comment anonymous, please leave these fields blank.
If you would like us to get back to you about your feedback please provide your name and contact details.