NIHRACS is starting a cardiac rehabilitation group program for people with heart conditions, including those who have had various forms of cardiac surgery, have had a heart attack or have heart failure. The program will be delivered by different health professionals including a physiotherapist, social worker, dietitian, nurse and pharmacist. The eight-week program will support participants to:
- Understand their heart condition and the treatment options
- Manage their risk factors
- Get back to usual activities
- Cope with fear, stress, depression, anxiety
- Understand their medications, tests and procedures
- Know the heart attack warning signs and what to do in an emergency
- Have a healthy lifestyle, including eating and exercise.
If you are interested in joining the program, please contact the GP Clinic on 24134 to make an appointment as a medical referral is required to join the program.