Having a baby is an exciting time whether it is your first or fourth. For some women it can also be a challenging time both physically and emotionally. Being informed about your choices and understanding what to expect is helpful. With this in mind, multi-disciplinary antenatal class are recommenced. The staff at NIHRACS are focused on ensuring the best outcomes for mothers, babies, families and the community by providing consistent, high- quality, evidence-based maternity care.
Some of the topics covered in the sessions include:
- physical wellbeing including diet, exercise, medications
- preparing women and their partners for childbirth, including building women’s confidence in their ability to labour and give birth
- emotional wellbeing and mental health during pregnancy and after the baby is born
- labour and birth
- early parenting and infant attachment
- knowing when to get help and how to find support including NIPTAAS
The first group started this week with future sessions being held in the Mawson Meeting Room from 5.30pm to 6.30pm. We hope to run another group later in the year.
If you have any questions regarding antenatal classes on Norfolk Island or any other aspects of pre-pregnancy or pregnancy care please contact Kaye Evans on 24134.