If you get COVID-19, you should:
- report your RAT result by calling NIHRACS on 22091
- if you took a PCR test at our testing clinic and received a positive result, you do not need to report it. The testing clinic will report it to our COVID Nurse directly.
- wear a mask for 7 days after your test
- avoid visiting hospitals, aged care or disability care for 7 days after your test
- ask household members to closely monitor for symptoms.
Norfolk Island Health strongly recommends that you stay and home and isolate, until:
- your symptoms have substantially reduced and
- if you have gone for at least 24 hours without a fever, without using fever-reducing painkillers such as paracetamol or ibuprofen.
- wear a face mask covering your mouth whenever you are in an indoor setting outside the home
- avoid contact with people who are a higher risk of severe disease
- wash your hands regularly
- practice good respiratory hygiene (such as covering your cough)